Order Canadian Pharmacy Vagifem (Estradiol) and Save
Vagifem (Estradiol) is used as local estrogen replacement therapy to help patients experiencing vaginal atrophy due to low estrogen in the body during menopause.
The medication works by replacing the estrogen missing from the body. The ovaries produce the hormone estrogen and naturally women from age 45 to 55 experience a decrease in this hormone production. This reduction in estrogen leads to menopause where women can experience hot flashes, vaginal dryness, and the monthly periods stop. The vaginal symptoms can consist of irritation, stinging, and itch. Some women may experience pain during sexual intercourse due to menopause.
Buying Estradiol Pills Online
To buy Estradiol tablets online from PricePro Canadian Pharmacy, a prescription is required to be sent in to process the order. If you need assistance with placing an order or how to send us your prescription be sure to check out our helpful how to order guide. The estimated shipping time is 7-10 business days.
There is no Vagifem generic available on the market. To check Brand Vagifem costs, click on "CHECK PRICES" above to find affordable medication options to order.
We do offer many prescription coupons on our site; however, there is no Vagifem coupon available at the time. It is recommended to contact us for on-going promotions to help lower the Vagifem cost when placing an order.
Vagifem (Estradiol): Overview, Dosage, Side Effects, and More
The active ingredient in Vagifem is Estradiol hemihydrate, which is manufactured by Novo Nordisk. Vagifem is available in 10mcg dosage form and supplied as vaginal tablets with applicators.
Vagifem from Canada comes in pack size of 18 vaginal tablets, while the option from the United Kingdom is in a pack of 24 vaginal tablets.
How to Use Vagifem
This medication is intravaginally administered with an applicator that is supplied. Each applicator is intended for single use only. Discard of the applicator after use – do not use it again. Your doctor will determine the right dosage and frequency based on your treatment needs. In most cases, a patient will start at a lower dose and increase it over a period of time; however, it is advised to take Vagifem (Estradiol) as directed by your doctor.
If you miss a dose of Vagifem (Estradiol), take it as soon as you remember. Do not take it if it is too close in time to your next dose. Instead, take your next dose and do not take the skipped dose. Two doses at one time are not advised.
If you have accidentally overdosed, consult your doctor or pharmacist to avoid serious effects of an overdose.
Vagifem Side Effects
There are side effects associated with Vagifem (Estradiol). If you are concerned about the possible side effects, discuss with your doctor the risk of side effects and the possible benefits of taking Vagifem (Estradiol).
The most common side effects include:
- Vaginal yeast infection (itching, discomfort or discharge)
- Vaginal spotting (small amounts of vaginal bleeding)
- Vaginal itching
- Vaginal discomfort
- Vaginal discharge
- Upper respiratory tract infection (e.g., a cold)
- Flu symptoms
- Breast pain
More serious side effects associated with taking Vagifem (Estradiol) include:
- Yellowing of the eyes or skin
- Unusual or unexpected vaginal bleeding
- Persistent sad mood
- Pain around the vagina and rectum
- Breast lump
- Allergic reaction (redness, itching, or irritation of the vaginal tissues)
- Abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
If you experience any of the following severe side effects while taking Vagifem (Estradiol), contact your doctor:
- Symptoms of a serious allergic reaction (such as shortness of breath, hives or swelling of the face or throat)
- Sudden severe headache or worsening of headache
- Disturbance of vision or speech
- Weakness or numbness in an arm, or leg sudden pain
- Complete loss of vision sharp
- Pain in the chest, coughing blood or sudden shortness of breath pain
- Swelling in the leg
- Crushing chest pain or chest heaviness
- Abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting
Warnings and Precautions
Your physician has determined that this medication is best for your treatment; however, if you have concerns about taking Vagifem (Estradiol), consult with your prescribing doctor and pharmacists.
Do not stop taking this medication without the direction of your doctor. It is important to discuss your full medical history with your doctor before taking Vagifem (Estradiol).
Do not take Vagifem (Estradiol), if the following applies to you:
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
- Partial or complete loss of vision due to blood vessel disease of the eyes
- Overgrowth of the lining of the uterus
- Blood clots in the legs, lungs, heart or brain
- Known or suspected estrogen-dependent cancer, such as breast or endometrial cancer
- Blood clotting problems caused by the use of estrogen
- Active liver disease
- A metabolic condition is known as porphyria
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Allergic to estradiol or any ingredients of this medication
Interactions with this Medication
Keep in mind the following interactions while taking Vagifem (Estradiol):
- Other medications applied in the vagina
- Blood-pressure-lowering medications (e.g., atenolol, ramipril, enalapril, lisinopril or amlodipine)
- Anticoagulants (e.g., warfarin)
The above information is an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatments. Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before following any medical regimen to see if it is safe and effective for you.