Free Prolensa Coupon
Get $10 Discount with Prolensa Coupon Code PRO10
Save an additional $10 with Prolensa coupon code PRO10.
Apply this Rx coupon code at checkout for instant savings.
*Coupon codes cannot be combined and are for one-time use only
Prolensa (Bromfenac Sodium) Dosage and Side Effects
PROLENSA is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used for treatment of pain and inflammation (swelling and redness) following cataract eye surgery.
Usual adult dose:
The day before cataract surgery, one drop of PROLENSA ophthalmic solution should be applied to the affected eye. On the day of cataract surgery, and for up to 14 days after cataract surgery, one drop of PROLENSA once daily should be applied to the affected eye. Follow your physician instructions.
If you are using other eye medicines as directed by your doctor, these medicines should be applied at least 5 minutes apart.
PROLENSA should not be applied while wearing contact lenses. Remove contact lenses prior to applying PROLENSA. The preservative in PROLENSA, benzalkonium chloride, may be absorbed by soft contact lenses. Lenses may be reinserted after 15 minutes after applying PROLENSA.
To minimise the chance of contamination of the content, replace the bottle cap immediately after use and avoid touching the eyelids, surrounding areas or other surfaces with the dropper tip of the bottle. A single bottle of PROLENSA is used to treat only one eye.
Discard any unused eye drops 14 days after first use.
How to Use:
Wash your hands well with soap and water before you start.
Tilt your head back or lie down.
Pull down your eyelid to create a “pocket” between the eyelid and the eye. The drop will go in here.
Hold the bottle upside down, not touching the eye, and allow the drop to fall in the “pocket”.
Let go of the eyelid, close the eye for about 30 seconds. Try not blink or squeeze your eyelids.
Put the cap (top) back on the bottle.
If a drop misses your eye, try again.
In case of drug overdose, contact a health care practitioner, hospital emergency department or regional Poison Control Centre immediately, even if there are no symptoms.
If a dose is missed, it should be applied as soon as possible.
Do not take 2 doses to make up for the missed dose.
If it is almost time for the next dose, the missed dose should be skipped and you should go back to your regular dosing schedule.
The most common side effects experienced by patients taking PROLENSA were inflammation of the eye and eye pain.
Warnings and Precautions
BEFORE you use PROLENSA talk to your doctor or pharmacist if:
- you have an allergy or sensitivity to sodium sulfite
- you have any allergies to any medications
- you take any blood thinning medications, or if you have any bleeding problems, or if you bruise easily
- you are allergic to acetylsalicylic acid or to any other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS)
- you wear contact lenses
- you are pregnant or intend to become pregnant
- you are breastfeeding or intend to breast-feed
- you have been recently had major ocular surgeries or repeated ocular surgeries within a short period of time
- you have corneal problems, ocular surface diseases (e.g., dry eye syndrome)
- you suffer from diabetes mellitus or rheumatoid arthritis
- your vision is blurred after taking PROLENSA, do not drive or operate machinery until your vision clears.
WHILE taking PROLENSA talk to your doctor if:
- you are not getting relief, your symptoms worsen or new eye problems develop.
Do not use for more than two weeks unless advised by your doctor. There is risk of corneal problems if ophthalmic non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as PROLENSA are used beyond 14 days after the surgery.
Interactions with this medication
No specific drug interaction studies have been done for PROLENSA.
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any blood-thinning medication.
The above information is an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatments. Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before following any medical regimen to see if it is safe and effective for you.