Pristiq Cost and Discount Savings Available from PricePro Pharmacy
Our expert and friendly team is standing by to help with your prescription needs. We strive to provide the lowest prices on Pristiq and trusted information about this medication.
Click on "CHECK PRICES" to view product details and pricing. You can compare both brand and generic options with the cost at your local pharmacy.
Please note we do require a prescription for your order to be processed. The prescription can be faxed, emailed or uploaded in your online pharmacy account.
The following dosages are available to order:
- Pristiq 50mg
- Pristiq 100mg
It is available in pack size of 28 or 30 tablets pending on the product source selected. This medication is manufactured by Pfizer and the active medicinal ingredient is called Desvenlafaxine.
At PricePro Pharmacy the low cost of Pristiq 50mg is:
- $75.00 for 28 tablets
While, the average retail price of Pristiq in the United States is:
- $515.00 for 30 tablets
This discount price is available without coupons or insurance coverage.
Another way to save on your Pristiq prescription is by placing an order for a 90-day supply of medication compared to a one-month supply.
We offer generic Pristiq at discount price as well:
- $65.00 for 100 tablets of Desvenlafaxine ER 50mg
Currently we do not have a Pristiq coupon code for additional discount. However, we love helping our patients save money so for those placing their first order there are special offers available.
New customer coupon codes can be applied at checkout as follows:
- PRICE10 - Save $10 on your first order (minimum $50 order value)
- PRICE20 - Save $20 on your first order (minimum $100 order value)
Please note that these pharmacy coupon codes are one-time use only for new customers and cannot be combined with other coupons/offers. Be sure to check our Rx coupons page for future updates.
We offer a generic for Pristiq known as Desvenlafaxine in the following options:
- Desvenlafaxine ER 50mg
- Desvenlafaxine ER 100mg
Generic drugs are typically 40-60% cheaper than the brand name medication.
The estimated shipping time for your order is:
- 7 to 10 business days (Product of Canada)
- 7 to 12 business days (Product of United Kingdom)
- 10-18 business days (Product Australia, India and Turkey)
The standard shipping cost $9.95 for all orders.
For drugs ordered from Canada, we offer an Express shipping option. The shipping fee is $25 with an estimated delivery time of 3 to 5 business days.
Once you order ships from the licensed pharmacy you will receive an email notification with the applicable shipping details.
Our free refill reminder service is a great bonus when you register with us. We provide friendly reminders by phone or email.
You can login to your online pharmacy account and view your previous order history and see which active prescriptions you have on file.
A refill can be placed online, through chat, or by calling 1-855-776-0079.
Pristiq (Desvenlafaxine) Medication Information
Pristiq is a prescription medication for treating major depressive disorder (MDD) in adults. MDD is a mood disorder commonly known as “depression.”
If you’ve been experiencing persistent and intense feelings of sadness for more than 2 weeks, you may have MDD.
MDD occurs when the levels of neurotransmitters (chemicals) in the brain become unbalanced. Neurotransmitters function to relay messages from one brain cell to another. Serotonin and norepinephrine are neurotransmitters that can become imbalanced and lead to MDD.
Pristiq works by affecting the levels of serotonin and norepinephrine in the brain. Desvenlafaxine belongs to a class of antidepressant medications known as the serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs).
Pristiq is an oral tablet that comes in three strengths:
- 25 milligrams (mg)
- 50 mg
- 100 mg
Take your dose once daily, with or without food, exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
Pristiq may not be safe for people with the following conditions:
- High blood pressure
- Bipolar disorder
- Kidney or liver problems
- History of an allergic reaction to Desvenlafaxine or venlafaxine hydrochloride (Effexor)
- Pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed
Like all medications, Pristiq has risks. The most common side effects are mild, but severe side effects are also possible.
The most common but usually mild side effects include:
- Trouble sleeping
- Decreased appetite
- Sexual function disorders in males
Serious side effects can rarely occur with Pristiq. These may include:
- Suicidal thoughts and behaviors
- Serotonin syndrome (symptoms include confusion, increased heart rate, dizziness, tremors, seizures, nausea, vomiting, muscle twitches, increased body temperature)
- High blood pressure
- Increased risk of bleeding or bruising
- Eye problems (angle-closure glaucoma)
- Hyponatremia (low blood sodium levels)
- Lung problems
- Allergic reaction
Your doctor will prescribe Pristiq if they feel that its benefits outweigh your risks for serious side effects. For more information about the side effects of Pristiq, talk with your doctor or pharmacist.
Some potentially harmful drug interactions can happen with Pristiq. A few examples include:
- MAOIs (selegiline, phenelzine)
- SSRIs (Celexa, Lexapro, Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft)
- Other antidepressants (amitriptyline, doxepin, nortriptyline)
- Stimulants (amphetamines)
- Ibuprofen or other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Blood thinners
Talk with your doctor or pharmacist before taking any other medications or herbal supplements with Pristiq.
Store at room temperature between 68°F and 77°F (20°C and 25°C).
- Take your dose around the same time each day.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery until you know how Pristiq affects you.
- After taking Pristiq, you may notice something that looks like a tablet in your stool. This is an empty shell from the Pristiq tablet. The medication has already been absorbed in your body. If this occurs, do not take any extra doses of Pristiq.
Can I drink alcohol with Pristiq?
No, it’s recommended to avoid alcohol while taking Pristiq.
How quickly does Pristiq work?
The response to Pristiq is different for everyone. Some people may see some improvement in their symptoms within two weeks, and for others, it may take several weeks. Do not stop taking Pristiq without talking with your doctor first.
Will Pristiq affect my sex drive?
In clinical studies, sexual side effects were reported in a small percentage of men. The most common sexual side effects included decreased sex drive, delayed ejaculation, and erectile dysfunction. Side effects may increase with higher doses of Pristiq.
- Pristiq Prescribing Information. Philadelphia, PA: Wyeth Pharmaceuticals LLC; 2018. http://labeling.pfizer.com/showlabeling.aspx?id=497 Accessed January 16, 2021.
- Bains N, Abdijadid S. Major Depressive Disorder. Treasure Island, FL: StatPearls Publishing; 2020. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK559078/ Accessed January 16, 2021.
Author: Dr. Patricia Weiser, PharmD
Patricia Weiser, PharmD, is a licensed pharmacist and medical writer. She has clinical experience in community and hospital pharmacy. Patricia is a 2007 graduate of the University of Pittsburgh. She resides in Pennsylvania with her husband and two daughters.
The above information is an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatments. Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before following any medical regimen to see if it is safe and effective for you.