Shop and Save with Canadian Pharmacy Azilect
Azilect is a treatment for Parkinson’s disease. It may be taken alone or with other medications for this disease.
If you want to buy Azilect online, go to PriceProPharmacy.com and call to place order or select your dosage above to add the medication to your shopping cart online.
A prescription is required to purchase medication and this can be provided by fax, email or uploaded online. To find our low cost Azilect prices then simply check on check prices above on the dosage box that you have been prescribed.
About Azilect (Rasagiline)
Brand name Azilect is manufactured by Teva and is available in the following dosages: 0.5mg and 1mg.
The active ingredient is known as rasagiline. We also offer generic rasagiline manufactured by Sun Pharma.
Azilect or rasagiline is an oral medicine for treating people with Parkinson’s disease. The disease has symptoms such as tremors, spasms, poor muscle control, and stiffness. Azilect is grouped in a class of medicines known as monoamine oxidase inhibitors or MAOIs. Regarding how it works, it increases the levels of dopamine in the brain.
People who have Parkinson’s disease tend to have a dopamine deficiency. This is triggered by the loss of cells that generate dopamine in given areas of their brain.
This drug corrects the problem by blocking the MAO (monoamine oxidase) enzyme that breaks down dopamine and other monoamine chemicals. Hence, it helps raise the amount of dopamine in the brain, which improves Parkinson’s disease.
It should be taken by adults with Parkinson’s disease with a usual dose of 1mg one daily. It is an oral medicine. The maximum dosage you can take is 1mg once every day. An adjunct therapy in people who are also taking levodopa is 0.5mg one time per day. Those who are not on concomitant levodopa should take 0.5mg one time every day. Their final maintenance dose should be 0.5mg to 1mg once per day.
Generally, it should be taken the way the doctor prescribes it. Therefore, make sure you follow every instruction well to ensure your safety and health. This drug is easier to take on its own than when it is combined with other Parkinson’s disease medicines. As a result, following your doctor’s instructions fully is important.
If you are on a special Parkinson’s disease diet plan, don’t alter it without consulting your nutritionist. If it does not improve your symptoms, don’t stop it prior to informing your doctor. In fact, stopping it suddenly could give you terrible withdrawal symptoms.
Side Effects of Rasagiline
Common side effects include:
- Insomnia and having weird dreams
- Loss of appetite and/or weight
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash
- Indigestion, constipation
- Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain
- Joint stiffness and pain
- uncontrolled muscle movements
- Flu symptoms like coughing
- Swollen hands and feet
There are measures you should take if your doctor wants you to start this therap There are important things you should tell him or her. These are:
- Whether you have used a MAO inhibitor in the last 14 days. If so, avoid taking to avoid experiencing a fatal drug interaction
- If you are allergic to rasagiline
- Let you doctor know if you are also taking given medicines. These are cyclobenzaprine, meperidine, dextromethorphan, tramadol, methadone, and St. John’s wort. If taking any of these, it will not be prescribed anymore
- Inform your doctor about any other drugs you are taking: ciprofloxacin antibiotic, opiates, herbal supplements, antidepressants,
- Reveal your other disorders and symptoms, including depression, migraines, nausea and vomiting, low or high blood pressure, liver or kidney disease.
Contact Us for More Information
We're here to help whether you're seeking information about Azilect generic versions or simply looking to bring down the pricing thanks to an Azilect coupon. Our friendly staff will answer all your questions, and help with the process, as you need.
The above information is an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatments. Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before following any medical regimen to see if it is safe and effective for you.