Atacand HCT (Candesartan/HCTZ)
Atacand HCT (Candesartan/HCTZ) Product Information
Atacand HCT is a combination medication containing candesartan and hydrochlorothiazide. It is used to treat high blood pressure or hypertension. Atacand HCT is an angiotensin II receptor blocker. Candesartan helps with relaxing the blood vessels while hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic that causes the body to remove excess salt and water.
Order Atacand HCT Online
Atacand HCT is available in 3 different dosages: 16mg/12.5mg, 32mg/12.5mg, and 32mg/25mg. Astrazeneca is the company that manufactures the brand tablets which are available starting at $36.50 USD price for the 28 tablets of 16mg/25mg dose, and $149.00 USD price for the 32mg/12.5mg or the 32mg/25mg dosages.
This medication is available for shipment from one of licensed pharmacies. Orders shipped from Canada take 7-10 business days approximately, to be delivered to the US once shipped, and order's shipped from Mauritius or Australia would take an estimated 10-18 business days post dispatch.
Atacand HCT Dosage
There are three different strengths of Atacand HCT and it is up to your doctor to decide what would be the best to prescribe one for your needs.
Usually, an adult dose is just one tablet per day and should be taken exactly the same time every day.
You should take your medicine exactly as it was prescribed by your doctor with or without food. If this medication causes stomach upset then you can take your dose with milk or food.
Usually, common side effects of Atacand HCT are well tolerated and these include:
- Reduced appetite for food and intimacy
- Diarrhea, vomiting
- Back and/or leg pain
- Dizziness when getting up from a sitting or lying posture
- Muscle cramps
- Tingling in fingers
- Sensitivity to sunlight
Prior to taking Atacand HCT, there are measures you should take. These include the following:
- If you have an allergy to any ingredients of this medicine, especially Candesartan and hydrochlorothiazide, don’t start taking it
- Don’t take if you are allergic to all drugs containing sulfonamide
- If you are pregnant, plans to get pregnant or are breastfeeding, avoid Atacand HCT
- If you are not passing urine or have kidney disease, avoid this medicine
- Tell your doctor about your severe liver disease, gout, or diabetes
- If you are taking a medicine which has aliskiren due to diabetes or moderately severe kidney disease, alert your doctor
- Avoid this medicine if you have glucose malabsorption or galactose intolerance, alert your doctor
The above information is an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatments. Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before following any medical regimen to see if it is safe and effective for you.