Advair Diskus (Fluticasone/Salmeterol)
What is Advair Diskus (Fluticasone/Salmeterol)?
Advair is a drug product used primarily to control and prevent asthma symptoms like wheezing, shortness of breath, and ongoing lung diseases like chronic obstructive pulmonary disease-COPD, chronic bronchitis and emphysema. Consisting of two main pharmaceutical medications, Fluticasone and Salmeterol, Advair works to reduce inflammation/swelling and irritation of airways by opening airways within the lungs to assist in making breathing easier.
*Product image for reference use only
Salmeterol is part of a unique class of drugs known as long-acting beta agonists, which can rarely increase the likelihood of serious (sometimes fatal) breathing problems related to asthma - but when used in conjunction with Fluticasone, which belongs to a class of drugs known as corticosteroids, does not increase risk of serious asthma-related breathing problems. If you experience sudden and/or severe shortening of breath caused by taking Advair, use a quick-relief inhaler (such as Albuterol) as needed prior to seeking immediate medical help.
Advair Diskus (Fluticasone/Salmeterol) Dosage Options
Depending on your prescription, your doctor may prescribe Advair Diskus in a 100mcg/50mg dosage. You may also receive Advair Diskus 250mcg/50mcg or 500mcg/50mcg dosage depending on your needs.
We offer these three prescription strengths in both a Advair generic form, which is still a Fluticasone/Salmeterol formula, or the brand name Advair Diskus you're used to.
To compare costs, click the blue "Check Prices" button above next to the dosage your doctor ordered.
Then keep reading to learn how you can lower the price of your Advair Diskus and save money within an online Canadian pharmacy.
Get a Canadian Pharmacy Advair Coupon When You Order Online
Generic forms of prescription medications are usually more affordable than their brand-name counterparts.
But whether you prefer the brand name Advair Diskus inhaler or your doctor insists you choose this version over the generic, you can take advantage of this free coupon to lower your prescription costs.
Only available at our Canadian pharmacy online, this Advair Diskus coupon is applicable on you're Advair order over $50.
To redeem Advair coupons, simply add the coupon code ADV20 at checkout and you'll instantly save $20 on your order. This is a one-time use coupon and cannot be combined with any other coupons.
Why Choose PricePro Pharmacy?
If this is your first time ordering a prescription online with us, you should know we follow all pharmacy guidelines and only supply safe, high-quality medications.
It's our mission to help customers source their medications at an affordable price. Our prices in Canada are often much cheaper than what customers are used to paying in the states.
To give you an idea, here is the price breakdowns for a 250mcg/50mcg Advair Diskus prescription from the most popular US pharmacies:
- Costco: $548
- CVS: $457
- Right Aid: $520
- Target: $457
- Walgreens: $463
But with PricePro Pharmacy, the same high-quality brand-name 250mcg/50mcg Advair Diskus will only cost you $160 per diskus.
That's less than half the cost of what pharmacies in the US charge and comes out to $2.50/dose for 180 doses, which is a typical 90-day supply.
Plus, you don't have to wait in long lines at the pharmacy to pick up your prescription -- buy your medication online and we'll ship it right to your door for one low, flat fee.
Ordering your Advair online from a Canadian pharmacy means you'll never have to settle for less when it comes to your family's medications.
To compare prices yourself, scroll up and click the "Check Prices" button towards the top of this page.
You can also find more information about Advair Diskus inhaler by reading below:
How to Use Advair Diskus?
Each Advair Diskus (Fluticasone/Salmeterol) contains 60 doses. There is a counter on the device showing the remaining number of doses. The last five doses will show the number in red. Each does is hygienically and precisely measured. It does not need maintenance and cannot be refilled.
Advair (Fluticasone/Salmeterol) is easy to use, first open, slide, exhale, inhale, close and rinse, it is that easy!
- Open: Hold the outer case and place your thumb on the grip designed for it. Push the thumb grip away from you. You will hear a click sound when it is in place.
- Slide: Hold the mouthpiece toward you. Slide the lever until you hear another click to prepare it for use. When the lever is pressed, a dose is prepared for inhalation and is indicated by the counter.
- Exhale: Breath out as fully as comfortable.
- Inhale: After having fully exhaled, place the mouthpiece to your lips and close them around it. Breath in deeply and steadily until full breath capacity. Remove from lips and hold breath for 10 seconds.
- Close: Place thumb on grip and slide it to hear click.
- Rinse: Wash out your mouth and gargle with water after each dose. Do not swallow this water.
After using Advair (Fluticasone/Salmeterol), patients should rinse their mouth and gargle to prevent irritation and oral yeast infections. Do not swallow the water used to rinse and gargle.
Take Advair (Fluticasone/Salmeterol) everyday at the same time. Use caution when taking more than one inhaled medication. Do not suddenly stop taking Advair (Fluticasone/Salmeterol), even if you are feeling better. Your doctor will provide instruction on how to stop taking it.
Advair (Fluticasone/Salmeterol) is not recommended for use in children four years of age or younger.
The dosages depend on the treatment. If you accidentally consume a larger dose of Advair (Fluticasone/Salmeterol), contact your medical professional. Larger doses of this medication may cause fast heartbeats and shakiness, as well as headache, aching joints and muscle weakness. It is extremely dangerous to use Advair (Fluticasone/Salmeterol) in excess.
Do not miss a dose. It is important to use this medication regularly around the same time each day.
What are the Potential Side Effects of Advair Diskus?
Possible side effects include:
- Higher blood pressure
- Irritated throat
- Upset stomach
Serious side effects include:
- Signs of infection
- White patches on tongue
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty sleeping
- Muscle cramping
- Increase urination
- Increased thirst
- Mental or mood changes (nervousness/anxiousness)
It can take up to 1-2 weeks to experience full benefits of Advair (Fluticasone/Salmeterol). Inform your medical health professional if your condition worsens or remains the same.
Warning and Precautions of this Inhaler
Advair (Fluticasone/Salmeterol) does not treat acute asthma attacks or breathlessness or wheezing associated with COPD. Instead use your fast-acting inhaler that your health professional prescribed to you. Use your medication as directed by your doctor.
If you experience the following, contact your doctor:
- Allergies to other medications prescribed to help with breathing
- Chest infection
- Allergy to milk protein or lactose
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid condition
- Heart problems
- Taking other inhaled steroids
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Taking Ketoconazole
- Taking medications to treat HIV
- Cirrhosis or other liver problems
Avoid people with chickenpox and measles while taking an inhaled corticosteroid. Contact your doctor, if you have been exposed.
If you are taking an oral steroid that is decreased along with taking Advair (Fluticasone/Salmeterol), contact your doctor if you start to feel worse.
Contact your doctor or an emergency health professional, if you notice the following warning signs:
- Increased shortness of breath and wheezing after using your fast-acting inhaler or Advair (Fluticasone/Salmeterol).
- You do not experience relief within 10 minutes, or it doesn’t last for up to 3 hours.
- You are breathless while at rest.
- Your heart rate is over 120 bpm.
- Your peak flow meter shows less than 60 percent or your best count
If you experience the following indications that your asthma is worsening, contact your doctor:
- Coughing, wheezing attacks, tightness in chest, more severe breathlessness
- Chest tightness, shortness of breath or wheezing at night
- Use of fast-acting inhaler increases
- Peak flow meter shows a value between 60 and 80 percent, or your personal best value
Your COPD condition may be worsening, and you need to contact your doctor, if you experience the following warning signs while taking Advair (Fluticasone/Salmeterol):
- Blood in phlegm
- Thicker and stickier phlegm
- Decrease or increase of phlegm
- Increased breathlessness, cough or wheezing
- Cold symptoms
- Tightness in chest
- Unexplained fever or tiredness
- Unexplained swelling
- Use of more pillows to comfortable sleep
Possible Interaction Concerns
Tell your doctor or pharmacist about all the prescription and over-the-counter drugs you are taking. This information will help to avoid a drug interaction with Advair.
Medications that may interact with Advair (Fluticasone/Salmeterol) include:
- Medications like Advair (Fluticasone/Salmeterol)
- Medicines used to treat HIV
The above information is an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatments. Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before following any medical regimen to see if it is safe and effective for you.