Aczone (Dapsone) Product Information
Aczone is a prescription medication used to treat acne. If your dermatologist or doctor has recommended it, make sure that you check our low drug prices available from PricePro Pharmacy.
You can call 1-855-776-0079 or click on our live chat to learn more about this topical medication and how to buy it from Canada. In addition, you can visit our “How to Order” page to find out how you can place your first order successfully.
This medication is manufactured by Valeant Canada and we can offer you the following dosage: Aczone 5% gel in 60 gram tubes. The active ingredient in Aczone is known as dapsone. The shipping times from Canada is 7-10 business days. Price for one 60 gram tube starts at $120 USD and you can apply the Aczone coupon code to get a $15 discount on your order.
Aczone Coupon Available
Instantly save $15 when you buy Aczone from Canada and spend over $50 on your first order. Simply enter coupon code ACZ15 at the checkout page. Coupon codes cannot be combined and are for one-time use only.
What is Aczone used for?
Aczone or dapsone is a topical gel for treating acne. How this product works to eliminate acne is still unknown. Apart from managing acne, this gel can also be prescribed for other purposes determined by the doctor. This medication should be applied topically to the skin. It is not for use by those who are sensitive to dapsone, the most potent ingredient.
How to use this acne gel?
Always use this gel the way your doctor advised. A dose will normally be a pea sized amount. Ensure that you follow all the instructions shown on the prescription label. Do not raise or lower your dose and apply the gel for the entire duration your doctor advises. This is a topical product, don’t take it orally. Apply it directly to acne areas of your skin.
Ensure that you thoroughly rinse your eyes, vagina or mouth if you accidentally put this gel there. Use plenty of clean water to rinse. Prior to applying, clean your acne areas well and then dry them using a clean face cloth. Apply your Aczone acne gel and wash your hands. Note that if you use benzoyl peroxide and this medicine, your skin or facial hair might change color.
These symptoms should disappear within twelve weeks. If they fail, inform your doctor. Apply any missed dose when you recall. However, if it is almost time to apply your next dose, skip the missed one.
Are there side effects of using this gel?
As with most acne therapy that are applied topically, this gel can cause topical side effects. These include the following:
- Oily skin
- Dry skin
- Peeling or flaky skin
- Redness where the gel was applied.
These side effects are tolerable and most people don’t need to see a doctor. If you experience strong side effects though, like severe skin irritation, see your doctor.
What are the precautions of using Dapsone gel?
If your pharmacist or doctor has recommended Aczone for your acne, make sure you take these precautions prior to the use:
- Don’t start using Aczone if you are allergic to dapsone.
- Inform your doctor if you suffer from a glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase Deficiency or methemoglobinemia(abnormal red blood cells). If you have ever had methemoglobinemia, tell your doctor too.
- As the effects of Aczone on unborn fetuses are unknown, tell your doctor that you are expectant or planning to get pregnant.
- As it is known that dapsone can be absorbed into the breast milk and harm your baby, don’t use Aczone when lactating.
- Don’t apply it to the skin of a child who is below twelve years old.
- Stop using and call your doctor if you experience severe skin irritation.
- Tell your doctor if you are taking sulfa drugs, Tylenol, nitroglycerine, seizure medicine or any other. This will help them know if there will be any drug interactions.
The above information is an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatments. Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before following any medical regimen to see if it is safe and effective for you.