Sildenafil (Generic Viagra)
Should you buy generic Viagra online to save money?
If you’re looking to make your Viagra prescription more affordable, Sildenafil, the generic Viagra online option, may be the answer you’re looking for.
With the same active ingredients found in your name-brand medication, you won’t have to trade off quality or effectiveness for lower prescription prices.
What is Sildenafil Used For?
Sildenafil citrate is the active ingredient in brand name Viagra and is a popular erectile dysfunction medication. Interestingly, sildenafil was first developed to manage pulmonary hypertension. Today it is commonly known as the iconic blue tablet that is taken by men to treat a common condition impacting men across America.
Erectile dysfunction medications, like Sildenafil and Tadalafil, belong to a class of medications known as Phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE-5) inhibitors . They simply act by relaxing the muscles within the wall of blood vessels, which increase blood flow to the penis.
It is important to note that Sildenafil will only work when there is sexual stimulation already present.
How to Save Money by Ordering Generic Viagra Online
Switching from the brand-name prescription Viagra to a generic form such as Sildenafil is one way to save money without losing the same active ingredients you need to find relief of your symptoms.
But that’s not your only option.
To take your savings a step further, you can order and refill your prescription of generic Viagra online using the most trusted Canadian pharmacy, PricePro Pharmacy.
Order generic Viagra online through us and you’ll pay anywhere from $1.25 to $5 per dose, on average.
In the states, that same generic prescription may cost you $17 per dose, which is higher than our name-brand Viagra rates which range from $12.50 to $16 per dose.
If you’re curious to learn more about why this price difference is so striking in Canada, we encourage you to check out this resource.
You can also see this price comparison without having to speak to one of our representatives. Just click any of the ‘Check Prices’ buttons next to the dose options above.
Once you do, you’ll notice ordering generic Viagra online will help you slash your monthly prescription expense without lowering the quality of your medication.
If you’re ready to refill your next Sildenafil prescription today, scroll up to the top of this page to find the dose your doctor prescribed.
From there, you can select the quantity your doctor ordered and proceed to the checkout to buy Viagra.
You can also learn more about generic Viagra by clicking any of the “+” signs next to the boxes below:
How To Use Generic Viagra For Best Results
Generic Viagra Dosage
Your doctor can determine the dose that works best for you. Always take Sildenafil as prescribed by your doctor. You should speak with your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure. A dose above 100 mg per day is not recommended.
You should not take more than one dose of Sildenafil per day.
You should take Sildenafil approximately 30 to 60 minutes before sexual activity. You can engage in sexual activity within 30 minutes of taking the tablet and for up to 4 hours. The amount of time it takes to have an effect varies slightly from person to person. Remember, sexual stimulation is required for Generic Viagra to work.
You should avoid excessive drinking of alcohol, since alcohol can temporarily impair the ability to get an erection.
Sildenafil can be taken with or without food. However, you may find that it takes longer for Generic Viagra to work if you take it with a high-fat meal.
Generic Viagra may not work the first time or every time. If it did not work for you on one occasion, try again on another day. You will learn how well Generic Viagra works for you through your personal experience. The first few times may be charged with emotion or anxiety. If after a few separate attempts, you do not get the results you expect, talk to your doctor.
If you have serious liver or kidney problems or you are 65 years of age or over, your doctor may start you at the lowest dose (25 mg)
Can You Overdose on Sildenafil?
You should not take more than one dose of Generic Viagra per day.
If you have taken more Sildenafil than you should, contact your doctor or a poison control centre immediately.
Who Should Not Take Generic Viagra?
While the vast majority of Generic Viagra users report their sex lives dramatically changing for the better, there are of course some people who should consult their physician before using, or refrain from using Viagra altogether. They include:
- People with HIV who take protease inhibitors
- People who take alpha-blockers
- People with kidney disease
- Individuals with low blood pressure
- Those who have had recent heart attack or stroke
- Carriers of rare hereditary retinal disorders
- People with severe liver impairments
- Those who are advised by their doctor to refrain from sexual activity because of cardiovascular risk factors
Generic Viagra Warnings and Precautions
This medicine has been prescribed for you personally and you should not pass it on to others. It may harm them, even if their symptoms are the same as yours.
Before you use Generic Viagra talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you:
- Have heart problems (irregular heart beats, angina, chest pain, or had a heart attack). If you have heart problems, ask your doctor if your heart is healthy enough to handle the extra strain of having sex. If you
- Have chest pain, dizziness or nausea during sex, stop exerting yourself. You should not use nitrates but you should seek immediate medical assistance.
are 65 years of age or over
- Have had a stroke
- Have low blood pressure or uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Have liver or kidney problems
- Have sickle cell anemia (abnormality of the red blood cells), multiple myeloma (cancer of the bone marrow) or leukaemia (cancer of the white blood cells)
- Are allergic to sildenafil or any of the other ingredients of Viagra tablets
- Have a deformed penis or Peyronie's disease
- Have ever had an erection that lasted more than 4 hours
- Have stomach ulcers or other bleeding problems
- Have a rare inherited eye disease called retinitis pigmentosa
- Have had temporary, decrease, or permanent loss of vision in one or both eyes, including a condition called Non-Arteritic Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy (NAION). The specific type of vision decrease or loss, called non-arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy (NAION), seems to occur rarely when blood flow to the optic nerve is reduced or blocked. Vision decrease or loss may be partial or complete, in one or very occasionally both eyes. While in some cases the condition may improve over time, it can also be irreversible.
- Rare but serious skin reactions of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome (SJS) and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis (TEN) have been reported during the post-marketing period.
- Viagra is not recommended for use in children under 18 years of age and in women.
Sildenafil does not protect against sexually transmitted diseases (STD), including Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
Alcohol consumption may decrease the ability to get an erection.
Patients should know how to react to the drug before operating a motor vehicle or any machinery.
If you are taking Generic Viagra and experience temporary, decrease, or permanent loss of vision, stop taking Viagra and call your doctor.
In case of chest pain occurring during or after sexual activity you should not use nitrates but you should seek immediate medical assistance.
Sudden decrease or loss of hearing has been reported in a few number of postmarketing and clinical trial cases with the use of PDE5 inhibitors, including Sildenafil. It has not been established whether these are related directly to the use of these medications or to other factors. If you experience these symptoms, stop taking Generic Viagra and call your doctor.
Generic Viagra Side Effects
As with most drugs, Sildenafil can cause some side effects. These effects are usually mild to moderate in nature and do not last for a long time.
Generic Viagra side effects may include:
- Headache, facial flushing
- Nausea, vomiting, indigestion, abdominal pain,
- Dry, stuffy, or swollen nose
- Throat tightness, dry mouth, decreased sensitivity of the mouth
- Pain in arms and legs, myalgia (muscle pain)
- Erection increased
If you notice any side effects not mentioned above, or any of the above-mentioned side effects persist or become bothersome, please contact your doctor or pharmacist.
Interactions with this medication
You should tell your doctor or pharmacist about any other medications that you are taking. Generic Viagra may interfere with some drugs. Only take Sildenafil with other drugs if recommended by your doctor.
Drugs that may interact with Generic Viagra include:
- Any drugs that contain nitrates in any form (oral, sublingual [under the tongue], skin patch or by inhalation [spray]). Nitrates are found in many prescriptions that are used to treat angina pectoris (chest pain due to heart disease). You should not take Sildenafil if you are taking these drugs.
- Alpha-blockers (drugs used to treat prostate problems or high blood pressure)
- Ketoconazole or itraconazole (drugs used to treat fungal infections)
- Erythromycin (a drug used to treat bacterial infections)
- Ritonavir, saquinavir or other drugs for the treatment of HIV
- Cimetidine (a drug generally used to treat duodenal or gastric problems)
- Bosentan (a drug used in the treatment of high blood pressure in the blood vessels between the heart and the lungs)
- Drugs to treat erectile dysfunction. These drugs are Cialis, Levitra, Adcirca and Staxyn.
- Other drugs that contain sildenafil. They can be called Revatio. They are used in the treatment of high blood pressure in the blood vessels between the heart and the lungs.
- Grapefruit juice may increase the levels of Generic Viagra in your blood.
The above information is an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatments. Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before following any medical regimen to see if it is safe and effective for you.