Robax Platinum (Ibuprofen/Methocarbamol)
Robax Platinum (Ibuprofen & Methocarbamol) Dosage and Side Effects
ROBAX PLATINUM (ibuprofen & methocarbamol) is used for effective relief of pain associated with muscle spasm such as back pain, tense neck, muscles, strains and sprains.
Proper Use of this medication
Adults and children over 12: Take 1 or 2 caplets every four to six hours as needed. Do not exceed 6 caplets in 24 hours, unless directed by a physician. Consult your physician if symptoms persist for more than 5 days.
In case of drug overdose, contact a doctor, hospital emergency department or regional Poison Control Centre immediately, even if there are no symptoms.
Continue to take 1-2 tablets every 4-6 hours as needed after a missed dose. Do not take twice the recommended dose following a missed dose.
ROBAX PLATINUM may occasionally produce unwanted side effects, such as heartburn, constipation, nausea, bloating, nervousness or sleeplessness.
Stop use and contact a doctor or pharmacist if these symptoms worsen or persist.
The risk of having side effects may be decreased by using the smallest dose for the shortest duration of time.
Warnings and Precautions
Serious Warnings and Precautions
- Caution in those with heart failure, high blood pressure or other conditions predisposing to fluid retention.
- Caution in those prone to gastrointestinal tract irritation, diverticulosis, or other inflammatory disease of the gastrointestinal tract such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease.
- Caution in those at risk of kidney or liver problems, those taking diuretics and the elderly.
- Stop use immediately if you have difficulty or pain when urinating.
BEFORE you use ROBAX PLATINUM talk to your doctor or pharmacist if:
- you have diabetes, high blood pressure, heart or thyroid disease, asthma, kidney or liver disease, glaucoma, blood clotting disorder (such as hemophilia), any other serious disease, are under doctor’s care for any serious condition, or are taking any other drug including over the counter drugs.
May cause drowsiness or dizziness. Exercise caution in operating machinery or motor vehicles. Avoid alcohol. Use with caution in the elderly.
Interactions with this medication
Do not use this product if you are taking ASA.
Drugs that may interact with ROBAX PLATINUM include: acetaminophen, anticoagulants (blood thinners), digoxin, oral antidiabetic agents and insulin, diuretics, methotrexate, lithium, protein-bound drugs including probenecid, thyroxine, antibiotics (e.g. cyclosporine), phenytoin, corticosteroids or benzodiazepines, other NSAIDs, or medications for high blood pressure. Tell your doctor or pharmacist what prescription drugs you are taking or plan to take.
Other related products
The above information is an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatments. Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before following any medical regimen to see if it is safe and effective for you.